[OM] Re: Skipwith Common

Subject: [OM] Re: Skipwith Common
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:34:41 +0100
Tom

I've held off commenting about these photos because the subjects are
not really my sort of thing.  But I remain an admirer of your ability
to find composition and interest where I might be still trying to get
my gumboots out of another sucky-muddy hole.

And yes, 1952 is an excellent photos, although I might be tempted to
use it as the basis for a bit of manipulation and posterisation, or
perhaps monochromatisation (:-)).

And what a great place to lay an airfield, eh?  It's even better than
RAF Brüggen in Germany, near the Dutch border and Roermond, which was
apparently shunned by the German forces because of its bogginess,
swampiness and infestation with aggressive flying insects.  But the
Brits built an airfield there and manned it throughout the Cold War,
In fact we launched missions to Kosovo from there in 1999 ...

Chris