[OM] Re: DPReview "Olympus/Panasonic announce Micro Four Thirds"

Subject: [OM] Re: DPReview "Olympus/Panasonic announce Micro Four Thirds"
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 09:39:09 -0400
I'm still looking for the electronic viewfinder with 1024x768
resolution.  That would be as good as many computer screens and allow
good focus evaluation without the glare problems of external LCD
screens.  It has to happen one of these days.  It would be a perfect
match for micro 4/3.  I've always wanted to check out the Minolta A2
which (AFAIK) is the only camera that ever had a 640x480 screen.  That
alone would be a major improvement of the 320x240 screen in my A1.  Too
bad they had to up the resolution on the A2 to 8MP instead of leaving it
at 5 as on the A1.  Base ISO also had to drop to 80 from 100.  Maybe
there's a 4/3 camera in my future.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt