[OM] Re: Old stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: Old stuff
From: "Bob Docherty" <lostkase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 07:29:45 -0400
Andrew,
 I picked up a 2nd hand USB floppy drive from my favorite thrift store for
about $10. I could now break out my old Mavica FD83, if I could find it. The
blasted batteries are still over $50/US though. Fortunately I found a
battery on sale a couple of years ago for $20 at the local camera shop
clearance table. Don't know if it would hold a charge anymore though...
 Good luck with the Mavica. It amazed me how many floppies failed when
trying to transfer the images.

Bob