[OM] Re: OMer meeting in Liverpool

Subject: [OM] Re: OMer meeting in Liverpool
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 02:21:26 -0700
John Hudson wrote:
> Ahead of leaving for the UK earlier this month, list member Brian Gray kindly
> suggested that he and his wife meet me for lunch one day in Liverpool to be
> followed up with chatter on all things Olympus, a downtown walkabout, an
> at-home evening meal, an overnight stay and a hearty breakfast the following
> morning. Who could resist such an invitation? I didn't. That such an
> invitation could be thrown to a complete stranger is an indication that this
> OM list is a family of mature and friendly people all sharing a common bond
> of integrity and honesty.

Lovely story, John.

We had a similar thing happen last year. When I mentioned that we were
going to be visiting Maine and Mass., Mike suggested that we have a
similar visit with him and Marnie. As with you and Brian, we had never
met other than on the list, but had a lovely time when we visited. This
summer, we were able to reciprocate, as recently documented in a gallery
I posted.

This list is a wonderful place to hang out and has some great people as
members. I hope to get the opportunity to meet more in the future.

Moose