[OM] Re: Snapshot with Rolleiflex TLR

Subject: [OM] Re: Snapshot with Rolleiflex TLR
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 01:41:16 -0700
Michael Wong wrote:
> Moose,
> Thanks for your comment.
>
> The ICC profiles are created by IT8 with 135 slide film. I read the website
> of http://www.targets.coloraid.de/ , there is no 120 slide film for IT8.
> Should the formula or film base of 120 same as 135 in same model of slide
> film?

I think they are often different. The physical requirements of the film
base vary with film format.
> I think it should be applied same ICC profile for my Nikon CoolScan & Canon
> scanner in Vuescan, doesn't I?

I don't think so. I think the solution is to shoot the reflective target
with the Rollei, scan the film and make a separate profile for 120 film
on the Canon flatbed.
> There is something wrong for my samples at your website, I saw they are over
> exposure, loss of details, & low very contrast .............. ???????

What you are seeing on my site is what I am seeing on yours, in FireFox
3. What I used is a copy of the image on my screen. I've now tried
Safari and IE. The image looks less blown out in both other browsers
than in FF.

I've just turned color management off in FF3, and your images now look
like they do in the other browsers. I've not seen this problem before,
so I don't know what color profile issue may be causing it. Perhaps
something in the Adobe Flash plug-in.

I can see now why the images I saw looked slightly out of focus. You are
using a gallery that resizes the image based on browser size. At some
sizes, the simple resizing algorithm doesn't do a good job. I've just
tried different sizes. Some look good, others not so much.

Moose