[OM] Rollei 35 images [was[OT] Yard Sale find - Rollei 35]

Subject: [OM] Rollei 35 images [was[OT] Yard Sale find - Rollei 35]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:14:31 -0700
I ended up with the Rollei 35 that Rick Beckrich offered in trade for a
WA lens. I'd always been curious about them.

With a lot of other cameras in use, including film in an OM-1 for TOPEs
and the OO OM-1n, it took me a while to finish the first roll.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Rollei35>

Most of the current results aren't quite as good as I expected, but it
may not be entirely the camera/lens. It's been a long time since I did
any scale focusing by estimate, and I think I missed a few. I don't
think camera shake was a factor, as most shots are in direct sunlight
and taken at highish shutter speeds.

Also, the scanning was at 2400dpi with the Canon 9950F flatbed. I'm not
sure I've got that quite right yet. Scanning a frame with VueScan @
4800dpi and playing, I've got quite good results, but I'm still learning
about lower resolutions and batch scans.

Still more to learn.

A. Studious Moose