[OM] Re: 7-14 Price

Subject: [OM] Re: 7-14 Price
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:53:33 -0500
Andrew the Fildes wrote:
>Conversely, using 12mm at full size is a very difficult thing to do
>well. In some ways, tougher than using a fisheye.

When I had the opportunity to use NSURIT's 7-14, there were a few things
that jumped out at me:
1. Toes.  How in the world do you keep your toes out of the picture?
2. Leveling. Keeping horizons level--especially on the shortened 4/3 frame
is impossible without a grid.
3. HUGE, bulbious front lens element.  That puppy is sure to make you
nervous around children.
4. Sharpness. Makes all other lenses dull by comparison.
5. How do you pack it?  The lens is big and heavy.
6. How do I justify one to the CDFO?

AG

Come visit my new four-star fast-food restaurant - HAUTE DAWGS.