[OM] Re: Monitor accuracy, was: What Film does your Digital CameraMimi

Subject: [OM] Re: Monitor accuracy, was: What Film does your Digital CameraMimi
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:56:48 -0700
> On Jul 9, 2008, at 8:03 PM, Jan Steinman wrote:
>
>>> From: Rob Harrison <robhar54@xxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>> Amory Lovins runs the Rocky Mountain Institute. <http://rmi.org/>.
>>> He's a brilliant thinker.
>>
>> ... for someone who thinks hydrogen is going to solve our energy
>> problems.
>
> From: Rob Harrison <robhar54@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Is that what he thinks?

That's what he says on-camera in "Escape From Suburbia."

I dimly recollect he's pro-nuclear, as well -- probably because that's
the only way the hydrogen numbers add up without paving the entire
desert SW US with solar cells. But I could be wrong about his support
of nukes.

> My recollection was he advocated small,
> decentralized, sustainable generation...

I believe he's advocated hydrogen fuel-cell cars, plugged in at night,
sending power to the grid. What a stupid waste of energy! But I could
be wrong about that, as well.

I do have a certain level of respect for Amory and the work he's done,
but I believe he's misguided in a number of areas.

:::: Magic: using envisioned intent and directed action to select your
desired future path from among the infinite ones available. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, Communication Steward, EcoReality: http://www.EcoReality.org
  ::::