[OM] Re: Zoomar for OM aka what'da think of this oddball

Subject: [OM] Re: Zoomar for OM aka what'da think of this oddball
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 21:30:21 -0400
Thank, guys.

Yep I thought it was of mij origin like the one CV  prime lens I own.
I wonder what Stephan thinks of his zoom which is likely of more
comparable vintage.
Somehow I think the yabe one would have trouble matching the
performance of the Tam 35-105/f2.8 and the zuiko 35-70/3.6 which has a
Gary Reese grade of B in the center even wide open.  Still, an
attractive novelty,

Anyway the real Zoomar 180/1.3 is a true monster.  The MTF curves on
the cameraquest site don't look that great assuming a usual scale on
the y axis which is difficult to read.  Would be fun to use one but not
quite 8K fun.

Mike