[OM] image date stamping with an E510

Subject: [OM] image date stamping with an E510
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:38:43 -0300
Herewith what might be a simple question that will draw a boatloads of DUHs
!

To some point in the past I was successful, and was certainly so with my
E500, in having my E510 date stamp and sequentially number the images on the
compact flash card.

On the menu list under the second little spanner icon, the fourth sub-menu
option is "Edit Filename". The filename default option on my E510 is P
followed by seven numerics. I have changed the "P" to "J", being my initial,
and change the first numeric after the J to read the number of the month
which today reads 6. The second and third numerics seem to increment
automatically to record the day of the month. The last four numerics
increment by 1 for every image taken.

What I am looking for is a solution to have the first numeric after the
leading alpha to increment forward to the correct number of the month
without having to do this manually every time the month changes. With my
E500 the first numeric incremented by one for each month and then for
October, November and December changed to A, B and C respectively.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

John Hudson