[OM] Re: OM-2 variants

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2 variants
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:53:40 -0300
Thank you John.
It was done on Ektachrome 100 and developed on Nov 30, 1990 here in
Montevideo, when Kodak still had their own lab ( .... no more, Kodak is
marketed by Fotex since 2002). Fuji still has its own lab, but for
'state of the art' processing there is Qualities by Carlos Porro -
expensive.
Have another star trails made following the one you already saw, done w/
21 3.5 @ 5.6, south pole in the lower right corner and no landscape -
only a clear deep black sky. Two consecutive long exposures and no
battery failure (Varta IIRC). The scan I showed looks lighter than the
original Ektacrome because I did not manage curves well enough but OTOH
wanted to capture an UFO crossing ... seriously: did you find it?

See why I miss my soaked plain 2 so much :-) ?

Good luck.

Fernando.