[OM] Re: (OT) Ahem, well . . . sigh

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) Ahem, well . . . sigh
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 15:23:03 -0400
On Jun 22, 2008, at 7:32 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:

> Oh gawd - when he disappoints it'll be our fault, right? :-)

Politicians almost always disappoint, don't they? I can't seem to
recall one who didn't. But then they are saddled with the
responsibility of actually doing something rather than sitting around
bitching and then Monday morning quarterbacking (murkin verb). Teddy
Roosevelt had something to say about that, but I'm damned if I can
recall enough of what it was to even paraphrase. Something about
doing being better than bitching. Of course this only works if you're
not bitching or "doing something" about some ethnic or religious
group or another that needs to be "dealt with."

But, penance must be paid. And because it's penance, I shall not
apportion blame. <wink>

--Bob