[OM] Re: [way OT] Re: How high's the ... rant

Subject: [OM] Re: [way OT] Re: How high's the ... rant
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 00:16:22 -0400
> His substance or lack thereof does not bear on the validity of the
> argument.

> Can you not see that?

> If you can't, you are in the company of smug, ignorant millions, but...
> Andrew Fildes

Its the same reason morons like Bush are able to cheat the system to get
into office in the first place in the USA, and you're still able to hear
those people actually find ways (even now!) to defend the fundamentalist
regime he's replaced many with - though most really know that the
defenses are more transparent than Zuiko glass.

Its loudest from those whose lifestyles are comfortably not really
affected by anything that might go on in this country, or controlled by
this type of leadership. Global warming obviously also doesn't appear to
be able to affect them for the rest of their lives, so the only thing
that comes to their minds to do is to divert by attacking the messengers.

BUT if others in need start getting things that these people feel they
shouldn't get such as free universal healthcare because those in need
must have not worked "hard enough", or made the "right decisions" in
life (the idea being only those passing certain success tests deserve
this stuff) - then you'll really hear the screaming and complaining
especially if these services are provided through taxes (that don't
affect their comfortable lifestyles to pay anyway!)

The smug ignorant millions that have all that they need for the rest of
their lives prefer things to stay as they are. "Screw everyone else if
they're not me, or if it occurs when I'm not alive anymore."