[OM] Re: [way OT] Re: How high's the water/presidential rant

Subject: [OM] Re: [way OT] Re: How high's the water/presidential rant
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 19:56:39 -0700

> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Right now the
> effects of global warming seem to be running ahead of the models.
> Some
> find that truly scary.  To me it just shows very plainly that the
> models
> are wrong.

That reminds me of the guy who fell out of a window on the 30th floor
of a building. As he passed the 15th floor, someone shouted, "How's it
going?" to which he replied, "So far, so good!"

I guess you can chalk even gravity up to "statistical anomaly" until
it comes up and smashes your skull.

Anyway, this discussion has turned predictably polarized. I'm too busy
doing something about it to argue over it.

:::: Quite clearly, our task is predominantly metaphysical, for it is
how to get all of humanity to educate itself swiftly enough to
generate spontaneous behaviors that will avoid extinction. -- R.
Buckminster Fuller, _Synergetics_ ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality http://www.EcoReality.org ::::