[OM] The return of the E510

Subject: [OM] The return of the E510
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:47:28 +1000 (EST)
Received my E510 back from Olympus in Sydney today,
comments :-

[Couldnt find anything wrong, suggest reading the
manual as settings revert back to factory in the "easy modes"
which includes Auto or Scene modes.]

They even included a highlighted copy of the page :-)

Having just finished testing it, settings are now saved in M,
if I go to Auto then back to M or A then the settings I'd set in
M or A are now retained, were as previously everytime I
changed mode or took one shot the settings would revert
back to factory in A, M, or Auto mode.

Nothing was said about the external FL-50 flash, so will try that
later when I have time.

I did however notice the camera makes an awful grinding noise
when its turned off, checked the settings for AntiShock and its
off. After a while though the noise stopped, camera seems to
work fine, maybe as I turned the AntiShock on, took a photo,
then turned it off, who knows.

Oh well, I cant complain, the E510 now works as I would expect.
Better actually use it for something now.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/

Friends don't let friends use Windows.