[OM] Re: OT. pc backup software.

Subject: [OM] Re: OT. pc backup software.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:43:59 -0400
That's one of the reasons my backups aren't truly current.  There might
be a month between backup copy #1 and backup copy #2 in hopes of giving
me a chance of noticing something important is missing.  If I'm
concerned about something recent that's really important I may back that
up separately.  I also don't reformat CF cards until I'm forced to.

One thing I really like about SyncBack is that it always performs an
analysis first and tells you in detail what it's about to do.  It won't
do anything for keeps until you give the go-ahead.  I scan the file list
of proposed copies and deletions to see if what it's doing makes sense
relative to what I've been doing since the last backup. And, of course,
deletion of an entire directory should get some close scrutiny.

Chuck Norcutt