[OM] Re: Advice sought on additional lenses for my E-510

Subject: [OM] Re: Advice sought on additional lenses for my E-510
From: Nathan <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 07:59:24 +0200
I bought the 14-54mm last year and replaced it with the 12-60 earlier
this year, mainly because I wanted the additional range, especially
at the wide end. Other than the additional mm, I do not see a
significant quality difference between the two lenses--both are
excellent. So if you do not care about the 12 vs. 14mm, save your money.

Nathan

On 31-mei-2008, at 19:00, GMcGrath@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm wanting to increase my range and capabilities beyond the two
> kit lenses
> that came with my 510, and would like any feedback/advice that list
> members
> would like to impart.
>
> 1) 14-54 vs. 12-60
> I would love to have the 12-60, but the 14-54 is less than half
> the price. I
> can buy two lenses for the price of the  12-60. Comparison/comments?
>
> 2) 70-300
> Anyone used one of these? I know it's a lower-tier lens and not
> especially
> fast, but that 600mm equivalent reach is what I'm looking at.
>
> 3) 50mm macro
> I think the extra working distance and speed over the 35 will be
> worth the
> price.
>
> TIA for your comments.
>
> Greg