[OM] Re: Sixteen Bit Scanning and Photoshop

Subject: [OM] Re: Sixteen Bit Scanning and Photoshop
From: James King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 13:38:28 +0100
I output in 48 bit raw - 16 bits per red green and blue plus the infra
red channel and I don't apply IR cleaning to the raw. I.e. maximum
quality minimum processing done on it.
That way I have something I can archive
I burn onto dvd and include a set of thumb nails in bmp format with the
same numvber of column as the film strip so from the thumb I can easily
locate the shoot on the stip and from the strip I can easily see the
thumb, a plain text doocument with information about each shot and the
general set up, i.e. scanner, carrier, film type, version of vuescan,
calibration details of the light meter, focusing screen, calibration of
the metered prism etc etc I also include a 16bit ICC profile for the
scanner created using a HCT velvia target.
I print a 7x5 of the thumb nails bmp so I can more easily find the shoot
I want.

JAmes

Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo