[OM] Re: Impressive Image, E-510 and 14-54 Lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Impressive Image, E-510 and 14-54 Lens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 21:13:56 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Understood but I was trying to direct attention away from layers since they
> were seen as "difficult".
I understand. I was objecting to that approach and saying that they are
in fact, quicker and easier.
> I chose the simple lasso tool for selection since we were talking about PSE
> which has a more limited (and unknown to me) tool set.

I don't know what tool set it has either. Still, I wanted to point out
that selection can be much quicker and easier with the best selection
tools. I think that some folks toil away in limited editors under the
impression that it will be even worse with something like PS, with all
those arcane, difficult sounding things in it.

I find the reverse to be true. Why else would the pros (and smart
amateurs) use it if it didn't make things quicker and easier? Time is
money to the pro.

Let me be clear here that I am talking about the kind of image
manipulation in this thread, not all photo applications. So Lightroom,
Aperture, IrfanView, whatever, hounds doing event, portrait, and such
work need not "educate" me. I know already, really.

Moose