[OM] Re: List is sllllooowww..

Subject: [OM] Re: List is sllllooowww..
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 22:01:52 +0100
I'm with Piers on this, both with "issues" and with a "Social
Networking" alternative.  Too much information is pooled on that sort
of site and held by a faceless third party for use, no doubt, in the
future.

Facebook is a particular problem: they have too much information about
individuals that they are willing to use for financial gain.  But I
imagine that MySpace is no better in that respect ...

The text-only mailing list works very well for the interchange of
views, information and advice.

Chris