[OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.

Subject: [OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 01:58:47 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Actually yes - not only does it clutter up my system but half the bloody
> software around assumes by default that I want to use US paper sizes. How
> much paper have I wasted because Bill Gates assumed I
> wanted to print Quarto? Reams.

Might you be a slow learner? You specifically mention Bill G. I know
I've got custom envelope sizes defined in Word and I've seen A4
templates. My copy of Word is so old I can't say, but I'll bet you can
set defaults for alphabet soup paper sizes in contemporary MS bloatware.
> It's almost as bad as having to use bloody US spelling in HTML - can't they
> let it recognise proper spelling as well.

See below.
> And has anyone apologised for Aluminum yet?

Not happening.
> That's 'apologise' and 'recognise' with an S, even though my bloody
> spellchecker still insists I'm wrong, right?

I just took a look in FireFox as
Tools=>Options=>Composition=>Spelling=>Download more Dictionaries. I see
English dictionaries in Australian, British, Canadian, South African and
US versions. Are you perhaps just a lasy bugger?

> I have no problem with you buggers being the dominate culture if you want.

I don't want - really don't want, but here I am, stuck with a bunch of
folks  who want to change everybody else.
> Just please stop your institutions trying to force me to conform to it.

Not my piece of territory.
> Or I'll come round your place with a length of 2x4.

1 5/8 x 3 5/8, unless they have shrunk again.

Visit Bill G.

Moose