[OM] Re: Interesting outdoors/underwater p/s : stylus1030

Subject: [OM] Re: Interesting outdoors/underwater p/s : stylus1030
From: Gordon Ross <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 08:24:46 -0600
Hi Jon:

I can't offer much in comparative terms as I bought the 1030SW with
the idea of using it for TOPE. I am overall pleased with the camera,
it is tough and versatile, I like the 28 WA and it focuses very close
to the camera so you can get some interesting shots. The plus of small
size, really rugged construction, and ease of use the minus are few
but it is a little slippery and small for my hands (XL). It does take
credible pictures left to its own devices which is a good thing for a
P&S- if you don't really want the ruggedness or underwater use then
you may not appreciate the close to $400 CDN pricetag. Happy hunting.

Gord