[OM] Re: White Balance & the E-510

Subject: [OM] Re: White Balance & the E-510
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 09:41:49 +0100
Gary

That's what you're meant to do: read through the manual with camera in
hand!

I have had no problem with Auto WB with either the E-1, the E-500 or
the E-3.  I suppose the cameras and their sensors do vary in their
behaviour, but if you used RAW you would be able to adjust the WB when
you inspect the result on your monitor.  I very rarely change the
colour temperature on the screen and I have never used anything by
Auto WB.

My photos go into folders classified by month and year and they are
categorised with Apple's Aperture, a really excellent application.
The result is that the WB adjustment is done, if necessary, as just
one of the several available.  I think that Adobe's LightRoom offers
you similar functionality.

Have fun ... :-)

Chris