[OM] Re: Starblitz 3600 DS Dedicated Soft Twin

Subject: [OM] Re: Starblitz 3600 DS Dedicated Soft Twin
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:06:01 +1000
Bad logic - that's like claiming that Rollei is made by Leica. :)
SCA adapters were not unique to Metz by any means, there are other
interchangeable foot systems and I've seen lots of flashes of various
brands with a secondary fill flash on the body, including a few
potato masher types.
Blitz IS German, Star ain't.
Of course, gawdnose where Metz are actually made these days so it
could be a 'same factory, different door' routine but the name
Starblitz has been around a long time in a small way.
What does bug me about the new range is that they seem rather weak
for the size - size of an FL50 but only 30GSN. Aiming at the 'bigger
looks sexy' buyer no doubt.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx