[OM] List of Camera Features

Subject: [OM] List of Camera Features
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:28:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hola,

I intend to buy a new camera next year, so I started to compile a list of
features I care about.

Do you have one already and can I have a peek, please?

Feel free to add/remove or just move to another category the featuares that
Ihave listed so far, but tell me why you did it.

Shooting style:

99% landscapes (lighthouses...:)  Ocasionally will shoot somebody barely
moving or sitting still.  Deliberately attempting to utilize as much of
natural light as possible...

Boris

P.S.  The List:

Absolute Must:

1.  Live view

1.  Flip-out rotating LCD

1.  Good dynamic range

1.  Remote control

1.  Access to battery compartment while on tripod

1.  Ability to magnify RAW images during preview

2.  Environmental seals

2.  Ablity to capture clean images at higher ISO’s or longer exposures

2.  Movable cursors for autofocus/ spot metering

3.  Manual focus magnification

3.  Minimum pull-down menus

Good to have:

Image stabilization

Sensor cleaner if DSLR

Quick low-light autofocus

Sensor shift to control perspective distortion

Waterproof

Shock/drop resistant

Don’t care:

Viewfinder

Face detection

JPEG

In-camera noise reduction and sharpening

Multiple auto-focus points

Image color effects, such as:  vivid, B+W, etc...

Modes, such as: Portrait, sports, food, etc...

Movie mode

Live histograms and such are pretty useless

now.[1]

--- Links ---
   1
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ