[OM] Re: Smile!

Subject: [OM] Re: Smile!
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:58:15 -0400
Ouch! I shudder to think of it. Won't be long before Sony announces
"Prize Winning Shutter Technology" that identifies and captures
images guaranteed to win prizes from camera clubs through National
Geographic contests.

I can think of so many ways that face detection thing between
children and adults could go wrong. <g> And I wonder if it can
distinguish between fully grown adults who think and act like
children. Or adult-like children who are far more mature than the
adults around them? How does Sony handle them?

--Bob Whitmire
Self-induced smiling since 1948
www.bwp33.com