[OM] Re: [OT] Eboy's negative feedback policy

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Eboy's negative feedback policy
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:34:27 -0400
Andrew,

I do have to agree that it would be better to still have an option to
respond in kind but I have found some peace with the changes. It's funny
seeing you had the same sort of problem with the seller of that russian
lens, I bought a Bronica custom Metz bracket from him that had a one word
description - NEW. Well what I got wasn't but at least it was what the title
said it was.

I used to leave negs for NPB's thinking that I was helping people out by
flagging these buffoons. But a lot of times it seemed that it just a new
user who didn't know the ropes. This was before eBay started down the road
of popup education, which despite being annoying has had an impact. I can
recall several times making a point to post the negs before closing out the
NPB as they were often automatically suspended following my report.

With regard to your last thought on sun setting old negatives. This is
something that eBay were supposed to be introducing last November and I
suspect they may roll into the May changes. Percentages are going to change
from being based on the whole of your record to just the last 24 months.
Another change is that multiple positives from the same buyer will also
count, though only to a point so you can't ballot stuff the record. Finally,
eBay have also suggested they will archive from public view feedback
comments older than I think a 2 year limit. The numbers will still count but
the comments will go away. This last one may have gone away from the plan. I
have already made PDF's of my early record as I still fondly remember some
of my first deals. Ah my first win from the US, I stayed up till 2am to
watch the dying seconds tick away... And I wasn't sniping either.

Do I spend to much time on eBay? ;)

Dan S.