[OM] Re: OM lens mount to film plane distance

Subject: [OM] Re: OM lens mount to film plane distance
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 19:26:07 +0800
The guide rails are machined and each shall be very "linear". As the lens
mount is lay flat on the table, measure four corners are good enough.
My point is about the different measurement data you got, it is a disaster
if you get 0.19mm different from one side to the other, it is almost
impossible. You will get a very bad focal plan and image will never sharp on
the whole frame unless heavy stop down. This is not related to focusing
system accuracy.

For the film flatness issue in 35mm system, it is over emphasized, no camera
manufacturer care about it except Contax who made RTS III with vacumm
pressure plate.

BTW, my table is just not so flat for precision meassurement and it is still
ok. To claim good measurement data we usually use a professional table made
with marble.

C.H.Ling