[OM] Re: OM lens mount to film plane distance

Subject: [OM] Re: OM lens mount to film plane distance
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 08:47:35 +1000
Which is why you can mount most things on a 4/3rds body or an EOS
body - they have a smaller distance allowing room for an adapter.
Here's one for fun -
http://www.pbase.com/afildes/image/95819342
No OM content because it was shot by -
http://www.pbase.com/image/95819343
(In fact, they shot each other).
The list reminded me of how Leica made the screw mount lenses
compatible with M mount by building in one extra mm for an adapter.
They got a lot of things wrong and a lot of things strange but that
was good. It also shows why I can't mount Minolta on an EOS, damn.
Strangely Konica AR is missing - should be there around the 40mm mark.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx