[OM] OM] Re: Just when you thought...

Subject: [OM] OM] Re: Just when you thought...
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:07:26 +0200
Andrew Fildes wrote:

-----

>Indeed, but one of my bugbears in the past has been German sellers

>insisting on an IBAN style payment, which works REALLY badly from

>outside Europe. Most have now got the message, but not all. Andrew
Fildes afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----

Right you are, IBAN/BIC codes only work if you have a bank account
within Europe. If you have however, just about nothing can compete as it
is absolutely free for both sides and payment arrives within 3 workdays.
Only if you want immediate payment Paypal wins.

Your bugbears with German sellers could have been even worse. Up to not
so long ago many German sellers added the calculated Paypal and Ebay
costs before billing their costomer. It took some time before German
Ebay told them that this was not the way to go.

In General I have been quite satisfied with Ebay (since 1999) and Paypal
(since 2000), both as a buyer and as a seller, but I do like to have
options and not having Paypal only shoved down my throat. Up to now I
haven't received a message from Ebay indicating that this would be the
case though. My feedback is over 100 entries with only satiesfied
customers, so maybe that is the reason I did not receive ther e-mail?
Earlier this year they did send me an e-mail about some things going to
change. One being about feedback. I did not get it completely but
disliked the idea at the time I remember. Feedback should be kept as is
in my opninion.

Have a nice weekend,

Wiliam