[OM] Re: My E-3 returns

Subject: [OM] Re: My E-3 returns
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 16:48:33 +0100
On 07/04/2008, swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  for those that have seen the problem, was it mainly at the wide end?
>  and for those who tested and found no problem did you only test at the
>  long end?

I've noticed it at all focal lengths, and if anything, it's more
noticeable at the long end (14-54).   In fact, for the tests I did, I
specifically chose the 50 f/2 macro for it's low barrel distortion to
rule out as far as possible any lens distortion effects.  I also took
some care over making the camera point vertically down, i.e. using a
spirit level, to avoid perspective effects.  In any case, all four
sides of the images composed with the optical viewfinder appear to be
equally aslant, though I only took measurements for the horizontal
line nearest the centre.