[OM] Re: Sales surge

Subject: [OM] Re: Sales surge
From: "geebee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:06:16 +0100
From: "Gordon Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>

> Hi Graham:
>
> OK I bought one just now, you know - anything to keep a roof over
> Rocky's head, and all the little Balboas.  How did you choose Philly
> anyway?
>
> Gord
>
> PS.  A CHALLENGE TO THE REST OF YOU - BUY A BOOK - get Rocky off the
> freakin street.
>

> On 4-Apr-08, at 12:40 AM, geebee wrote:
>

>> Due to an unprecedented sales surge the number of copies sold has
>> doubled this week taking the total to two (I wish I was joking
>> but I am not).
>>
>> Just a reminder that all profit will go to Project H.O.M.E. a
>> charitable organisation that helps the homeless in Philadelphia.
>>
>> http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/203927

Hi Gordon,

Thank you very much.  Why Philadelphia? Another list I subscribe to already has
an association with Project H.O.M.E. and the
intention with the first book was to continue that association. In the that
book became a rather grand, very expensive item and
there was no room to add any supplement for anyone.

I was tempted into the first project for the sole purpose of raising a few ££'s
or $$'s for charity and since that did not happen
I wanted to have another go with a more modestly priced book.

The Philly connection also provides some transparency because I can get sales
figures and the resulting donation verified by the
guy in Philadelphia.

Thanks again for your generosity.

--Graham