[OM] Re: today's funny story

Subject: [OM] Re: today's funny story
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 20:32:35 +0100
Sadly, it seems the IT infrastructure is not the prime issue, to judge from
this posting to a UK based E-system user group (OT there as much as here, of
course) relating to the first day a Terminal 5

--
This is the only way of getting to Terminal5B if you are based there!

Arrive at jammed car park 04:05
Get on sardine bus for 7 minute ride to Terminal5A
Choking and crushed get off at Terminal5A north stop.
North staff search closed. BAA [the airport operator - ed] cannot find the
keys
Walk 350 metres to south staff search
Only one machine working and a handful of security staff. Join massive line.
40 minutes later I am through!
Up 4 flights of stairs
Walk through loads of grey long corridors to arrivals corridor at other
side.
Go through glass doors to air bridge entrance.
Up 2 flights of stairs
Now up 2 more escalators
Now I am at the top of Terminal5A ...Hurrah
Not there yet.........
Walk to transit system area
Down the longest escalator I ever saw
Down another one of those very long escalators.
I am now in a train station
Driver-less train turns up and I get whisked to the next stop.
Get of train up an escalator.
Up another escalator.
Walk 150 metres go through a barrier.
Up 2 flights of stairs.
Walk to the elevators. There are 3 but only one works!
Wait a while for elevator.
Go up one level
Walk 150 metres to the end of building and there is my office.
Swipe card, slowly open door and expect my 30 team of staff to be there
waiting to slaughter me.....
Only 3 of them are there I check their positions and they are in the wrong
location and have to go back to Terminal5A......Aaaaaaahhhhh

The rest was on the news

--

Human factors??

--