[OM] Re: E-500 and trigger voltage

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 and trigger voltage
From: Richard Ociepka <ociepka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:14:37 -0400
jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> A couple of quick questions that I know have been asked and answered.  What
> is the highest trigger voltage that is safe to use with a E-500 and how do
> you measure this on the flash.  I have tried using a volt-Ohm meter on my
> 285s but cannot get a real consistent reading and its so low I don't trust
> it.  Thanks John

Some say no more than 6v while it has been reported that 200v is safe.
Note that for the E-series, Olympus warns that flash units with 250v or
high can damage the
camera but doesn't go on to give the upper voltage limit.

A message from one member who seemed to work for Olympus stated that all
their cameras would withstand 200v.

I have never herd of anyone causing harm to their camera with too high a
trigger voltage.
I do know of one who used a high trigger voltage and never had a problem.

Measure the trigger voltage between the center pin of the flash and the
contact that would connect with the hot shoe frame. Voltages readings
can be as low as a few volts.

Dick