[OM] Re: FF Sony

Subject: [OM] Re: FF Sony
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:40:56 -0300
2008/3/22, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> News is out about the FF Sony A900 with 25MP. Competitively brilliant
>  by making a smaller camera with an add on vertical grip. Looks like
>  Sony is quite serious about being the third major player in digital
>  photography.
>
> http://masterchong.com/v2/sony-alpha/pie02008-sony-showcased-sony-alpha-dslr-a900.html

They may well succeed and Olympus may still be not so uncomfortable
striving for the fourth place.  But Sony may well be overreaching with
serious setbacks in consoles and recordings, with many a technical
fiasco to show.  One wonders if an 24×36mm 25 MPx sensor isn't another
instance of a product that will be late, expensive, unable to deliver
results and making losses in hope to stabilish a market stronghold.

To me, Four Thirds is to the A900 as the Nintendo Wii to Sony's
PlayStation 3.  My computer can barely keep up with the E-510 10 MiB
raw files.

--
skype:leandro.gfc.dutra?chat              Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra
+55 (11) 3040 7300 r155                 gTalk: xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx