[OM] Re: Not-so positive DZ news...

Subject: [OM] Re: Not-so positive DZ news...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 19:23:33 -0400
Sounds like Oly may be trying to enforce a minimum order quantity on the
dealers.  Sounds like an unwise move when you're low man on the totem
pole.  One of the reasons I never bought an E-1 is that I saw it only
briefly in one of the larger Boston area stores shortly after it was
released.  A month or two later when I was getting more serious about
buying I went back to take another look and discovered there were no
more E-1's in stock and no plans to get any more.  So I made the longer
trip to Hunts (which I believe is the largest camera store in the Boston
area) and discovered they had no E-1's either and no plans to get any.
Then I called some downtown Boston stores only to discover the same.  To
this day I have only ever seen one other E-1 and that was on someone's
person who told me she got it from B&H.  I have always been amazed that
in the greater metropolitan Boston area of some 4.4 million people there
was no place I could find to actually see an E-1.

Chuck Norcutt