[OM] Re: OM Zuiko MC 24-40mm f4

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Zuiko MC 24-40mm f4
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:13:32 -0400
Right, not Philips but JIS cross-point.  Cross-point is a generic
description of several types of similar screws of which Philips is one
of the type.  Japanese camera equipment use JIS (Japanese Industrial
Standard) cross-point.  Looks like a Philips but doesn't fit exactly the
same.  There's a slight difference in the shape of the tip and possibly
in the angle.  Philips screws have rounded tips and are designed to "cam
out" or lift out of the screw if excessive torque is applied.  Philips
may work OK but if the screw is stubborn you really want the perfect fit
of the JIS cross-point.  Manufactured in the US by Moody Tools of Rhode
Island.  See micro-tools
<http://www.micro-tools.com/store/SearchByKeyword.aspx?word=JIS>

Chuck Norcutt