[OM] Re: OM Zuiko MC 24-40mm f4

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Zuiko MC 24-40mm f4
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:44:57 +1100
Interested? Understatement. There are people here who could (or used
to be able to) recite the serial numbers, dates and characteristics
of the five separate iterations of the humble 50mm F1.8 lens. The
mere glimpse of a photo of this unit was enough to generate much
gibbering and dribbling in the far and remote corners of he world.
Most of us have never even heard of it.
Be aware that one cannot own such a lens - it is the spiritual
property of the entire community and strange looking people with
beards and cardigans will be knocking on your door in the early hours
of the morning demanding a fondle and even the right to pump a few
photons through it. They will be mildly deranged but generally
harmless. Begin building the shrine over the Easter break.
The next challenge is to hunt down the lens schematic and even
identify the correct lens hood (shade) for it.
Hell this is much more fun than niggling about pixels.
Remember when we used to do this sort of thing all the time?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx