[OM] Small world ain't it?

Subject: [OM] Small world ain't it?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:56:49 EDT
As an Olympus OM user, I can count on one hand the number of times OMs in
someone else's hand have crossed my path in the last 8 or 10 years.  This
excludes a few OM outings in places like London and Isle Royale.  The same
could
be said on e-1 and e-3 sightings, except that number would probably be  zero.
As most here know, I've got a fairly large stable of OM gear in  addition to
the e-series, XA, Chrome SIx and Pen Olympus cameras.   Like many on this list,
I keep another girlfriend (read that as camera brand and  format) on the
side.  I've always wanted one of the Leica copies and  recently purchased a
Nicca
3-S on eBay.  It will be making a trip for a CLA  and adjust shortly however I
am running a roll through it right now to see how  out of whack it is.

This morning I went to the local purveyor of things photographic to do a  bit
on bin diving in their junk bins. They don't call it that, however you get
the picture.  The stuff I wanted was in the bottom two bins,  which had me
sitting on my bottom and digging.  Specifically I was  trying to find a non
original front lens cap to use when I was using the  camera.  An original
(which I
have) is currently listed on eBay for  $85 and it is out of round.  I figured a
cheap plastic one might be a  better choice.  So there I sat on my arse, up
to my elbows inold caps,  converters,hoods, dust, etc. searching for an
illusive cap and hoping for a part  of two that I might use. Maybe a filter, a
rear
cap or other goody. What I came  up with was a great 40.mm lens hood and screw
on rear cap.  I was  really excited about the hood.  Not a Nicca for the Nikor
lens, but rather  a Hoya that was perfect.  The most interesting part of the
morning was  while I was digging around another guy came in with his recently
acquire Nicca  3-F looking for a bit or two.  His lens was a Canon lens and he
also found  a hood and a bit or two.  The question I asked myself is, "What
are the  chances of this happening?"  My answer is , "Not very great." The next
 question might be, "What does it mean?" My answer to this is, "Nothing."
It is however, interesting.  <[B^)  Bill  Barber