[OM] Re: OT: Canon TTL Flash Was: FL-36R features an optical slave?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Canon TTL Flash Was: FL-36R features an optical slave?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:25:49 -0500
I'm with Dr. Flash, the smartshooter stuff is way too complicated for me,
not an engineer.

I was doing this kind of stuff thirty years ago with an RB67 and a metz auto
flash. I set the camera to what I thought was the correct exposure for the
ambient (no light meter necessary with negative film), and set the auto
flash aperture to whatever fill I wanted usually -1, same or +1. It worked
just fine!

I've never been too hot on ttl flash anyway.

Bill Pearce