[OM] Re: editing images in lightroom....

Subject: [OM] Re: editing images in lightroom....
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 08:33:38 +0100
James,

The concept of "saving" does not exist in Lightroom. All the changes
you make to your images, and the way you organize them (collections
etc.) are saved to the Lightroom database. The image file itself is
not changed--this is called non-destructive editing. It is something
to get used to, but it has the advantage that all the edits you make
to an image are reversible at all times.

If you want to save image files with the changes (for example, to
post on a web site or to work on in another application) then you use
the export command where you select the file format, size and other
options.

Nathan

On 9-mrt-2008, at 2:24, james olson wrote:

> I am in the process of learning Lightroom, and have a question that
> I haven't been able to figure out in any online forums...
>
> If I am working on a batch of, say, 50 images, is there any way I
> can go through the pictures quickly and do small edits, and at the
> end, have all the edited pictures in one folder... It seems to me
> that Lightroom wants me to request a save command for each image.
> As I am editing, can I set up Lightroom to save each edited image
> with a keystroke, such as "S" ------ so after I am done editing an
> image, I hit "s" and move onto the next image.
>
> Pixmantec Rawshooter Premium used to be able to do this, and I miss
> the easy workflow of RSP.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks, James.
>
> ***********************************
>

> James Olson
>
> 5295 Birch Street
>
> Astoria, OR. 97103
>
> phone: (503) 325 - 4070

> Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live.
> http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?
> ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_012008
> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx