[OM] Re: Professional Associations

Subject: [OM] Re: Professional Associations
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 14:07:31 -0500
My friend who's a PPA member responded to the insurance question this
morning and her response lays it even more on the line that PPA is
really for wedding and other "for hire" photographers.  Here it is:

I have never looked into equipment insurance, but I should.

The PPA membership includes indemnity insurance .  Hopefully you'll
never need it, but if a customer decides to sue you (because you lost
their wedding photos for example). The PPA will work with the
photographer and the customer to correct the situation. In the case
where legal help is needed, the PPA will find representation. I find
this insurance helpful since I would be destroyed by this type of a
lawsuit as most photographers would.

So, no answer on equipment insurance but I think we can be reasonably
sure that Bob is not likely to be sued by Bridezilla's mom.

Chuck Norcutt