[OM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Moose Monday v. AP

Subject: [OM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Moose Monday v. AP
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 21:16:46 +0000
On 04/03/2008, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  That Blackman quote sounds like one of those 'dramatic effect'
>  statements that feature writers use in the faint hope of stirring up
>  a bit of controversy. The true dotard might have trouble holding a
>  camera - and even understanding what it is. I appreciate the
>  curmudgeonly spirit and intent though.

I also recall that, a couple of weeks later, he wrote that he had
found a use for this new feature, in motorsport of all things.  IIRC
you'd get a little arrow light up when the image was nearly in focus,
to show you which way to turn the focusing ring.  When the "focus a
bit further away" light came on, it was time to press the button so
that by the time the shutter opened the oncoming car would be sharply
rendered.