[OM] Re: Some B&W pics...

Subject: [OM] Re: Some B&W pics...
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:21:25 -0600
On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Oh dear, has another of the old guard gone over to the dark side?
>  "..consist of."
>
>  I abandoned the fight years ago in those circumstances where old
>  fashioned correct usage made for graceless reading.
>
>  ".. mud of which those beaches consist." is the classic, literal
>  correction.
>  ".. mud that makes up those beaches." is more graceful reading.
>
>  Moose

"This is the kind of pedantic nonsense up with which I will not put!"
(OK, Piers beat me to the punch ...)

Seriously, I like your more "graceful" rendering.  Anything to avoid
the proliferation of "whiches" and "thats", though I have never taken
up dangling prepositions as a cause.  Shakespeare used them, although
I never saw one in the King James Bible, including the parts gentle
Will himself wrote (lame joke).  Let someone better "We are such stuff
as dreams are made on" if he can.

Joel W.