[OM] Re: Olympus OM-1n Instructions manual hardcopy availability?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus OM-1n Instructions manual hardcopy availability?
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 23:06:44 -0300
2008/3/2, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The answer to "Why is that?" is right in my next line:  "Better results
> come from an inexpensive manual/auto mode flash unit supplemented with a
> flash meter"  I certainly use the flash meter indoors but my recommended
>  flash meter (the Sekonic L-358)

Can't find it at the Sekonic website, is it a discontinued model?
What is the current equivalent one?

I see Sekonic has weatherproof models, this interests me.  Rains a lot
down here.

>  For some interesting comments on digital TTL flash (featuring your
>  proposed purchase) see the following.  You may have to sign-up with
>  smartshooter to see this stuff but I would recommend it.  If you sign up
>  they'll use your email address to send you a monthly news letter trying
>  to sell you various products and service (mostly classes and training
>  videos) but it will also include some handy tips which are well worth
>  it.  <http://www.shootsmarter.com/content/view/175/>

Anyway gMail should filter it out for me, thanks for the tip!

>  But my own opinion of all this is; after going through all the trouble
>  of measuring the ambient light to *set up* for the TTL shot why not
>  carry it the rest of the way and do the flash portion manually... and
>  save the money on the expensive TTL flash.

I see your point.  And then you do think the Vivitar is the best choice?

Will have to muse over it, thank you a lot!

--
skype:leandro.gfc.dutra?chat              Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra
+55 (11) 3040 7300 r155                 gTalk: xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx