[OM] Re: OT and apropos of nothing whatsoever...

Subject: [OM] Re: OT and apropos of nothing whatsoever...
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:16:12 -0500
I found the earliest of Whitmires in this country served in the South
Carolina militia during the Revolution. I have no direct evidence,
but I'd like to believe they took part in whipping Lt. Col. Banastre
Tarleton's ass at the Cowpens.

The Green Dragoon is my favorite "Red Coat" to loathe, even though
Tarleton's Legion wore green jackets. Nasty piece of work, he was,
during and after the war. Was one of Arthur Wellesley arch foes in
Parliament, as I recall, and was a heavy in a recent period movie I
saw, but now can't recall the name of. (Wellesley being my favorite
Red Coat.)

(No offense intended toward our UK friends here, especially Chris,
who although RAF, still qualifies as a "Red Coat." <g> )

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com