[OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose

Subject: [OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 23:22:46 -0800
It is a mixed bag actually. Lots of people have problems with
installation and getting it working, Mac users a little more than
Windows users I think. Once working it is a little slow and it likes
gobs of memory compared to Photoshop CS3. The interface is a little
odd and takes some getting used to. That said, it is flexible in its
options, is very powerful in its image adjustment tools and it
produces images that frequently have better color and more detail than
the ones from CS3. The control points are amazing, providing some of
the advantages of layers, but with a much easier to use interface.
The image quality is what keeps people with it in spite of its
drawbacks.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA