[OM] E3 Frustration

Subject: [OM] E3 Frustration
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:29:46 -0800
Went out to do some lunar eclipse shots with the E3 and Zuiko 500/8
and 600/6.5.

Part of it was the people I was with (cold, bored, wanting help with
the telescope I set up, etc). Part of it was forgetting my reading
glasses. Part of it was unfamiliarity with menus. Part of it was
finding buttons in the dark. Part of it may have been cold, although
it was at least +3C (40F).

But I had a lot of trouble convincing the damn E3 to fire the shutter.
I was in "A" mode. The shutter speed, aperture numbers (actually,
"aperture dashes" with the manual lenses) were flashing. I tried
changing batteries. I tried both the cable release and the built-in
shutter button. I scrolled through menus, looking for clues.

I was using the 2-second delay. It would sometimes grace me with a
reassuring click and a several second exposure, for several frames or
so. But no rhyme nor reason why it would then stop working, then start
working later. It hasn't done this to me before.

Any ideas why the fool thing would lock up like that?

:::: The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you
are the easiest person to fool. -- Richard Feynman ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, http://www.EcoReality.org ::::