[OM] Olympus re 12-60mm SWD "less than optimal autofocusing response"

Subject: [OM] Olympus re 12-60mm SWD "less than optimal autofocusing response"
From: Michael Collins <l43g20th@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:41:07 -0500
>From Olympus this morning:

Important Notice for Customers who have purchased the
OLYMPUS ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 SWD Lens

Olympus E-System Owner,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in
Olympus E-System products and to inform you of some important information.

We have identified that some of our ZUIKO Digital ED 12-60mm SWD lenses may
experience less than optimal autofocusing response. We are offering free
inspection and repair, if necessary. We are providing free shipping, to
Olympus and back to you, via UPS for lenses with serial numbers between
230005416 and 230010688.

If your lens has a serial number within this range and you would like it to
be inspected, simply bring it in a prepackaged box with a completed repair
submission form to your local UPS store.

Your lens will be inspected and if required it will be repaired, and shipped
back to you within two business days of receipt at Olympus¹ service
facilities. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with
your lens, and we want to assure you that Olympus is committed to providing
the highest quality product and service.

<http://email.olympus.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=hub,w7pp,1k79,cxe8,lp5e,j7vh,73b9>
Download the Product Repair Checklist (PDF)

<http://email.olympus.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=hub,w7pp,1k79,92g2,evvs,j7vh,73b9>
Download the Product Repair Submission Form (PDF)

Thank you for being a loyal Olympus owner.

Sincerely.
Customer Service and Support
Olympus Imaging America Inc.