[OM] Re: fuzzy as hell (OT as anything)

Subject: [OM] Re: fuzzy as hell (OT as anything)
From: James R <londonjames@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 08:57:20 +0000
It does get better stopped down (which I don't have any images for)
and it does get better towards the short end (I've added a couple of
images to show this). This was autofocus, but I got almost exactly the
same results the last time the lens came back using manual focus (as
the autofocus was broken). I was told by Nikon repair that the lens
was within tolerance of the limits they set for it using their bench
test equipment. When a Nikon authorised repairer compared it to their
copy they found mine to be softer, especially at the long end and I
don't think it's changed since they had it.

I left it with Nikon again because I don't consider it useable as is -
I need it for taking on-set stills where light levels are low and I
usually use it wide open or close to it.

James